A Travellerspoint blog

Volunteering and motorcycling back home

Me and Jamie slept in until 9 or 10 ish, and then we packed up and went to the front gate to volunteer. Nobody was there on time, so we were told to go away, and then come back later. So we took some more of our stuff back to the car and came back later. There was a group of people there, and we just sort of stood there until someone said something to us. Nobody did, and they started walking away, so I yelled "Dave?" "Yes?" "We're here to volunteer" "Oh, OK, get in the truck then" Luckily I said something or else we probably never would have found him. Jamie and I jumped in the truck and then spent the rest of the afternoon compiling garbage from one small can into one big garbage can, then picking up garbage. We found some corn from last night, so we ate some of that. It was soooooooo sweet and delicious. Soon it was 3 p.m. and our shift was over. I had to go home already, since it would be dark by the time I got there. Just as I was about to leave the parking lot, there was Alejandro and his car full of Ottawa people! Hey cool, good to see you guys, I'll follow you home! "OK, how long will it take you to get ready?" "Um...five minutes..." "What?! Five minutes?! I guess so." OK...so I got ready as quickly as possible and then followed them to Huntsville. I thought they were all in a rush to get home, but they stopped in Huntsville for lunch and puttered around the Bulk Barn. I didn't really care, but Alejandro was kind of like, "Come on guys, let's go!" Anyway, I drank a big huge coffee because I was cold and tired, then about two hours later I was REALLY cold and I REALLY had to pee. So I pulled over as soon as we got into Barry's Bay to fill up with gas and then put on some more clothes. I waited in line for what seemed like forever and THEN this girl blatantly butted in front of me! Can you believe it?! I was OBVIOUSLY having bladder problems, she didn't have to do that. Ridiculous.

Anyway, the ride home was pretty uneventful, except for Alejandro almost hitting a deer. By the time I got back to Ottawa I was frozen to the bone and shivering uncontrollably. Ack! It took me almost an hour to completely warm up again. Next time I bike in the fall, I will be wearing long johns and a winter jacket! My oh my.

Posted by baixing 17:00 Archived in Canada

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.