A Travellerspoint blog

Couchsurfing is a pain sometimes

I did not get enough sleep the night before I left for Toronto.

Anuj picked me up at exactly the right time, the car was full with a guy named Blair, who now works for Faceoff.com with a guy I used to work with at the Ottawa Sun, named Dave Washburn. Small city.

And then we picked up another guy, who was about to go climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in two days. So, he had a lot of gear and he filled up the trunk with it.

We chatted the whole way to Toronto and I didn't get to nap, like I wanted to. As soon as we got there, I called up my host, Dave. He told me to go to Kensington Market and meet him at Graffitis.

Boy is Kensington Market different at night and in the winter time! It's frightening almost!

Anyway, I asked everyone in the tiny dive bar if they knew who Dave was. I was introduced to about three of them. None of them were the real Dave.

Finally, I found Dave, we had a beer and I met his other Couchsurfers from France. I am sooo tired at this point, I am not feeling social at all. So I just sort of sat there and waited for the time to leave.

This would take about four hours.

They all kept drinking beer, and then Dave wanted to go get some apple pie. So we did that, and then met some more of his friends. The French people drank some more wine. I did not have enough to eat that day, so I knew I could not drink more than one beer tonight.

Finally, it was 2 a.m. and we went home. I paid for half the cab, it was the least I could do since Dave was letting me stay at his place. He wouldn't let me pay for his drinks or the whole cab.

As soon as we got in, I went right to sleep. Snooze.

Guitarist, I forget who

Guitarist, I forget who

Posted by baixing 17:00 Archived in Canada

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.